The BioHug Vest – A calming, gentle, portable hug
BioHug Vest Benefits:
- The BioHug Vest calms people experiencing stress by applying deep, hug like, pressure, a well established method of calming.
- The BioHug Vest is light, portable and comfortable to wear.
- The BioHug Vest prolongs the calming effect by constantly varying the pressure.
- The BioHug Vest is easy to use. It operates automatically, but can be controlled manually by wearer or caretaker.
- The BioHug Vest is easy to resize, and may be worn by people of various sizes.
- The BioHug Vest is easy to launder.
BioHug Vest Details:
The BioHug Vest was developed by an engineer and father to a son with autism in cooperation with experts in the treatment of autism.
Clinical testing showed the BioHug Vest to be an effective means of lowering the stress levels of people both with and without autism.
The BioHug Vest calms using the well established treatment modality of deep pressure. Deep pressure has long been used especially with people with such conditions as autism and ADHD. The vest applies pressure to different parts of the body using compressed air. The BioHug Vest may be operated in either automatic or manual mode. In automatic mode the location and duration of pressure is controlled by a pre-defined script. The script was developed based on clinical experience. The varying pressure of the script is designed to prevent habituation. In manual mode the wearer, or a caretaker can control the location and duration of the “hug”. The vest is powered by rechargeable batteries, and may be used for up to four hours between charges.